The links on this page are to help you find sites that may be useful. They are in no way a personal recommendation by Stroud District Disability Information and we have no control over their contents. Please make sure you read our Copyright and Disclaimer.
- Stroud District Council
- Disability South West – helps local and regional groups to promote their events, initiatives and projects to the disabled community in the South West.
- Glos Families’ Directory – the Gloucestershire children’s and young people’s service directory.
- Gloucestershire County Council
- Guide and PALS Service – the health, social care and disability information service for Gloucestershire.
- The Key – information on local services for children and young people and current issues affecting disabled children.
- Modern Eyes – help, information and search engine for the visually impaired. Many useful links relating to all disabilities.
National Organisations / Charities Providing Services for Disabilities
- ACT – a UK Charity that aims to help achieve the best for every child and young person who is not expected to reach adulthood.
- Action for Blind People – provides free and confidential support for blind and partially sighted people.
- Action for Kids – a charity for disabled children, which helps with mobility equipment, learning and training.
- Affinity Trust – this organisation specialises in providing tailored support for people with learning disabilities living in the UK.
- Care and Repair England – supports older and disabled people to live independently in their own homes.
- Contact a Charity – provides information and support for families with disabled children, including mobile equipment, learning and training
- Disability Now – this UK disability site gives essential information including news and feature articles, advice, adverts, links, an archive and a chat forum.
- Disability Resource Exchange – iInformation service for disabled people and their carers.
- Focus on Disability – provides a wide range of information for disabled people, the elderly and their carers in the UK.
- Gloucestershire Lifestyles – Gloucestershire Lifestyles is a community support network for those with a disability within the county.
- RADAR – represents and fights political issues such as policies and legislation in Westminster and Whitehall.
- Artsline – search engine for accessibility to arts and entertainment venues.
- Art + Power – a group of disabled people working together in Bristol, using their art to change wrong ideas and attitudes.
- Disability Cultural Projects – aims to further the cultural equality of deaf and disabled people.
- Unlimited – work created through Unlimited commissions will be showcased in London and across the UK up to and during the Olympic Games in 2012.
Community and Public Services
- Community Legal Advice Service
- NHS Direct
- NHS Gloucestershire
- Stroud and District Citizens’ Advice Bureau
- Disabled Living Foundation – a national charity that provides impartial advice, information and training on daily living aids.
- Possum Controls – designs and supplies a range of products to enhance the independence for people with special needs.
- REMAP a group of voluntary engineers and occupational therapists who engineer and manufacture one-off customised pieces of equipment to improve the quality of life for disabled individuals.
- Shopmobility – a directory of Shopmobility schemes in the UK.
- Play in Stroud District – information of playschemes and venues in the Stroud district.
- Active Gloucestershire
- Disability Sports Events
- English Federation of Disability Sport (EFDS)
- WheelPower – wheelchair sport.
Transport and Parking Organisations
- Department of Transport UK – the Community Transport Association UK site.
- Tourism For All – a charity which helps provide holidays for people with disabilities.
- Accessible Travel and Leisure (ATL)